Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sunday Afternoons will Never be the Same
































CSN Blog will take today off and pay respects to a Philadelphia Legend.
Harry Kalas.

Although I have not lived my entire life here in the Philadelphia region. Over the past few years I have grown to love the sweet baritone voice of Harry the K. My Sunday Afternoons would consist of me listening to Harry do the play by play with my eyes closed slowly drifting in and out of sleep, with occasional interruptions by Harry getting excited about a play. That he did very well. With his trademark "Outta Here!" Harry would draw me into games with welcomed reminders of days and years past. The wealth of knowledge he shared with the fan was only matched by his witty and warm sensibilities on and off the air.

Today I remember Harry the K and know that my Sunday afternoons will never be the same.

-Matt "BAMA" Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment