Monday, April 6, 2009

A to the R to TYEW-kin


I know that I'm not that fluent in hockey names but i have never seen a pronunciation guide that I need an additional phonetic pronunciation guide of. That precisely what you get with Tampa Bay Lightning right winger. Evgeny Artyukhin (ehv-GEH-nee, ahr-TYEW-kin), since I'm not even sure how to say his name we will here by refer to him simply as "Arty"...



Arty has a bit of an interesting NHL career a 3rd round pick in 2001 Arty has only played in the NHL in 2 seasons. he appeared in 72 games in 2005-2006 and has appeared in 70 game this season. According to the wikipedia entry about arty he turned down a 475,000 contract from the lightning. His agent asked that Tampa Bay trade him claiming that the lightning were punishing him for not resigning a year before. so arty went and played for HC CSKA Moscow, recording 99 penalty min in 23 games. Arty was then officially re-signed to a two year 1.9 million dollar deal on July 7th 2008.

Arty I guess Your agent knew what he was doing. and can you please have him tell me how to say your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment